Thursday 12 January 2012

JMB Spring Term Day 8

Date: April 26, 2009
Location: JMB, Masardis, Maine, USA

Summary:
The main project of the day was tweaking and putting the finishing touches on our saws. My saw is now completely finished. After lunch we went into Presque Isle for supplies. I secured a prepaid cellphone. On the way back we stopped by the Ashland logging museum and were given an extensive tour. 

Accomplishments and Observations:
1) Totally finished saw frame
2) Coated axe (linseed oil and turpentine)
3) Visited Ashland logging museum

Initial Reflections:
The logging museum was interesting, the tour guide was on the board of directors and was very knowledgeable.

Current Reflections:
 I was shocked by the contrast, after a week in the bush, of being back in an urban area. Considering that urban area was the bustling metropolis of Presque Isle I can only imagine how it would feel to go straight into a big city. It felt like my mind had begun adapting to the different pace and sensory experience of the bush. I find the psychological part of spending time in the bush interesting, I can really feel the different after a week or so.

This reminds me that I should do some work on my axe. It has been lingering in my closet for a while and needs some work.

No comments:

Post a Comment