Tuesday 24 April 2012

JMB Spring Term Day 32

Date: May 22, 2009
Location: JMB, Masardis, Maine

Today was full of fail. The weather appeared to be uncooperative in the morning so we decided to check out the museum of natural history in Caribou. The museum's answering machine said summer hours but the door said winter and no one was home. We did a bit of riparian plant ID on the Aroostook but spent most of the day in transit.

Accomplishments and Observations:



1) ID and press:
     -ostrich fern
     -Jerusalem artichoke

Initial Reflections:
I wanted to see that museum so it being closed was a let down. I do find myself feeling like I need greater amounts of down time as the course goes on, so maybe this is what I needed. The mosquitoes hit a level last night that required a 4am move to my tent. I am getting a bug net!

No comments:

Post a Comment