Thursday 19 April 2012

JMB Spring Term Day 30

All right! The semester is over and I get down to the serious business of bushcrafting and posting about it here!

Date: May 20, 2009
Location: JMB, Masardis, Maine

I started my long term project today, a red oak longbow. Tim has a stave cut and seasoned already so I started shaping it. I already have it down to the point where I need to start being careful about cutting into the bow. I spent the whole day on that, minus some time at lunch making fries on the fire.

Accomplishments and Observations:
1) Started longbow and finished much of 1st shaping stage
2) Made fries on the fire

Initial Reflections:
I am really enjoying the bow making process thus far. I will definitely be trying this again at home.

Current Reflections:
After working on lots of smaller project it was interesting to get started on a large and technically sophisticated project like a longbow.

No comments:

Post a Comment